You can find entries on a specific topic if you'd like by clicking on the subject under TOPICS in the left column. There's all sorts of stuff- Lapbooking, Lesson Plans, Recipes, Projects, and More! If you're a homeschooling blogger or have a site geared towards homeschoolers and would like to trade links, let me know!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Charlotte Mason, Horton Hears a Who Unit Study, and Christian Homeschooling links

It's been a while since I've posted, so I figured it was about time that I do a little work for my blog, instead of leaving it up to my wonderful assistants! (Even though they do a great job of providing information, links, and encouragement!)

Every now and then I like to surf the web for great links. While some of these don't suit our methods, they may be a help to you, so I'm passing them along.

Curriculum can be expensive, but AmblesideOnline.org has provided a free curriculum reading plan based on some of the aspects of the Charlotte Mason style (for grades 0-12!). They also provide a page of resources, including vintage CM "programmes" and exams.

SimplyCharlotteMason.com offers a free e-book called Education Is. The site also details the Scripture Memory System, which you can make yourself. But wait! That's not all! Sonya has generously provided another free e-book a SCM called Masterly Inactivity. The whole site is full of useful information, so give it a look!

Did your children recently watch Horton Hears a Who? Is it one of their favorite bedtime books? Well you'll probably enjoy this unit study put together by Homegrown Hearts

Looking for encouragement? Christianhomeschooling.us has articles that will inform and inspire!

Btw, do you have a blog? We'd appreciate if you'd lend your support by posting our link (and graphic, if you'd like) to our blog!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'd be happy to post a link when I do a homeschooling entry... but that won't be anytime soon.

Great info though!!!

Thanks!
Amanda